Diabetes effects a minimum of 1 in 300 dogs and is likely underdiagnosed. If you searched “does my dog have diabetes quiz”, chances are you are concerned for your pet.
According to the American Veterinarian Medical Association, the following dog breeds are at higher risk for developing diabetes:
Quiz: Does Your Dog Have Diabetes?
If you answer YES to any of the following questions, be sure to ask your veterinarian about canine diabetes. Remember, some symptoms are seen in a myriad of conditions, so do not worry until you’ve talked with a professional!
- Does your dog drink an excessive amount of water?
- Does your dog urinate excessively?
- Has your dog lost weight despite an increased appetite?
- Conversely, has your dog’s appetite decreased?
- Are your dog’s eyes cloudy?
- Has your dog experienced recurring infections?
- Is your dog’s vision getting worse?
- Is your dog lethargic?
- Is your dog vomiting too much?
Remember, our blog is never a substitute for medical advice, but we want to point you in the right direction. Good luck, and we wish the best to you and your pet!